Belleville Springs* Features
Belleville Springs are used in a variety of applications where high spring loads are required. They are particularly useful where vibration, differential thermal expansion, relaxation, and bolt creep are problematic.
Belleville Springs Advantages:
- Keep bolted joints tight
- Efficient use of space
- High spring loads with small deflection
- Self damping
- Long service life
- Load-deflection curves which can be designed for various applications ranging from linear rates to negative rates
- Stacking in “parallel” to increase load
- Stacking in “series” to increase deflection
- Simple adjustment of the load and deflection of a spring stack by adding or removing individual springs
- Rounded edges to reduce stresses
*Note: Belleville spring, disc spring, Belleville washer, conical compression washer are all names for the same type of spring.